My previous web host, RisingNet, was not good. My blog stopped working one day (blank page), with no explanation as to why. Every time I tried to send an email from their SMTP server, it would go into my recipient’s spam folder, so I had to use Google’s SMTP, which caused some confusion but worked, but now Google is saying that won’t work soon, so that was the “straw that broke the camel’s back”.
I’m on WordPress now, so we’ll see how that goes. I can receive email but not send. It’s saying the DNS is misconfigured, but the DNS records match their help page, so I started a trouble ticket. Ugh.